Andy’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Mood Shake
• 8 frozen almond milk ice cubes. Simply freeze your favorite almond milk into ice cubes and store in an airtight container.
(OR for a slightly creamier version, use 4 canned coconut milk cubes and 4 almond milk cubes)
• 4 ripe, frozen bananas
• 2 rounded tablespoons coconut sugar
• 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
• 1 rounded tablespoon cocoa or cacao powder
• Optional: small handful of vegan chocolate chips or koko samoa
Blend and mash all ingredients together until thick and creamy! As you can see, there are no liquid ingredients, and that’s on purpose. Sometimes it helps to let ingredients defrost slightly. Feel free to add a little more almond milk or a fresh banana if your blender isn’t strong enough to handle the frozen ingredients.
The coconut sugar and the vanilla add a warm toffee caramel undertone while the peanut butter makes this shake rich. You can add cocoa powder for an added chocolatey flavor—this optional addition creates two totally different shakes!